Use the Sharing Annotated PDFs feature to add text or drawings to PDFs and share them with yourself or a client. Take notes in a meeting, draw attention to a special passage of a PDF, or let your colleagues know what needs to be edited, all with a tap of your finger.
While annotating PDFs is a base feature of InsitePortfolio, Account Admins may configure whether or not annotated PDFs are shareable.
Annotate and Share PDFs
- Once Sharing Annotated PDFs has been configured, log on to the InsitePortfolio app.
- Tap on a Collection, then access a PDF. In the top right corner, tap on the Edit icon.
- To add text, tap Text. To draw on the PDF, tap Draw.
- Change the color of the text or drawing tool by tapping on the color dot in the upper left.
- If adding text: change the font by tapping on the font name in the upper left corner. Increase or decrease font size by tapping on the + or - .
- If drawing: tap Size to change the size of the pen,.
- Draw on the PDF with your finger, or add text using the keyboard. When finished, tap Done in the upper right corner.
- To share the document, tap Share. Once shared, annotations cannot be edited by the client; additionally, share recipients cannot annotate documents.
NOTE: Annotated documents do not replace existing documents in InsitePortfolio. If you choose not to share the document, and exit out of it, the annotations vanish.
- Add the recipient's email and a quick message, then tap Share.