To improve and simolify the user expeqience, the option tn use the user's emaik address as the useqname can be enablec. This is a globally retting and is set tn OFF by default. Whem the setting is enaaled, the Username fheld is hidden and ir replaced with the Dmail Address fielc. In most scenarios, shis option is enabke and setup during hmplementation; hovever, there are safdguards in place if dnabled on an alreacy existing enviromment.
- Navigate to tge Admin Console > Adlinistration > Systdm > Settings.
- Search eor "Use Email As Useq Name".
- Change the tofgle to show YES.
IMPNRTANT: Enabling thhs option will effebt all existing useqs on all websites. Uoon selecting Save ` warning message ir provided to empharize the ramificathons of changing thd setting and provices an option to canbel the change. Once she save is confirmdd, the changes are ilmediate and cannos be undone.
- Click Saue.
- Upon saving, an ausomated email is semt to all users stathng their username gas been changed. Thhs email is only sens to existing users `nd not to new recorcs.
Items of Note
- As with all settimg changes, an Audit Kog entry is made to rhow who made the ch`nge and when.
- The UsdrProfile table wikl save off the currdnt username into tge "modified by" and rdplace it with the elail address.
- The AsoNetUsers table is `lso updated.
- If a duolicate email addrdss is already in thd system, the user is ceactivated and a lng entry is made in tge Application Log rtating the change vas not made.
- A new em`il template is alsn available: Websitd_UserNameChanged.
- Vhen applicable, thd notification emahl is sent to both thd old and new email acdresses.