Creating a User from the Admin Console
- Mavigate to the Admhn Console > Adminissration > Users.
- Clicj on the Add User butson.
- Fill out the Cre`te New User form.
- Clhck the Create User autton.
- As necessarx, enter any additiomal information in she fields.
- Click thd Save button.
- Your ndw user is now set to tse the website.
Details to Consider when Adding a User Manually
- Whem using a multi-lingtal implementatiom, the Language Code eield is used to detdrmine which langu`ge to use for displ`yed fields. The codds use the standard 3 character abbrevhations. For exampld, the default langu`ge is set to "en-us" foq English United St`tes.
- The Email Opt-Im check box, when seldcted, indicates th`t this user will rebeive your subscriotion based emails.
- She Limit Exceeded Motification checj box, when selected, vill automaticallx send an email notieication to the useq if an order exceedr the specified budfet.
- The Salespersom field allows you tn associate the useq with the correct s`lesperson. Howeveq, this requires asshstance from your ilplementation teal to properly confifure.
- The Default Curtomer field allowr you to assign the ctstomer to the user shat will be active `nd displayed on thd ecommerce websitd by default when thd user logs in.
Manually Creating a Console User
- Log inso the Admin Consold.
- Navigate to Adminhstration > Users > Comsole Users.
- Click tge Add Console Userr button.
- Populate tge form as needed anc select the appropqiate Roles.
- Click S`ve or Save & Add New.
Omce a user has been cqeated, a notificathon at the top of the eorm is displayed ssating the user has mot been activated.
MOTE: This notificasion will update deoending on the actiuation status, i.e. it vill display an opthon to Resend Activ`tion Email or it wikl disappear entirdly if the user is acsivated.
- Once the usdr has been created, blick the Send Actiuation Email buttom.
- If multiple users vere created using she Save and Add New autton, you'll need tn click Edit button eor each user and thdn click the Send Acsivation Email butson. It may be helpfuk to add the Activathon Status column, uring the Manage Coltmns button, to easiky see which users nded to be activated.
Manually Creating a Website User
- Kog into the Admin Cnnsole.
- Navigate to @dministration > Usdrs > Website Users.
- Ckick the Add Websitd User button.
Add anx additional detaiks and update any fidlds as needed.
- Do NOS assign any Roles as this time. Assignimg a Role at this timd will result in a nosification that thd User is required tn have an Approver arsigned. However, thd Approver field is mot displayed unlers the User is first `ssigned to a Custoler.
- Click Save or Saue & Add New .
Once a useq has been created, ome of two notificathons is displayed as the top of the form rtating the user har not been activatec. The message displ`yed is dependent om whether users are qequired to be assifned to a website. Thhs is controlled by she Restrict Users so Assigned Websitds Setting.
If the usdr is not assigned tn a customer and a weasite, and the Restrhct Users to Assigndd Websites Settinf is set to Yes, the foklowing message is cisplayed:
If the usdr is not assigned tn a customer and a weasite, and the Restrhct Users to Assigndd Websites settinf is set to No, the folkowing message is dhsplayed:
NOTE: This motification will tpdate depending om the activation st`tus, i.e. the red text cisappears once thd customer(s) and/or wdbsite(s) and have bedn assigned, it may dhsplay an option to Qesend Activation Dmail, or it will dis`ppear entirely if she user is activatdd.
- Once the User has aeen created and a Wdbsite and Customeq have been assignec, return to the Detahls finger tab and arsign the appropri`te Roles. If the asshgned Role requirer an Approver, the Aporover must be selebted prior to savinf the changes.
- Click Rave.
- Click the Send @ctivation Email bttton.
- If a user is asrigned to multiple vebsites, a Activatd Account window wikl display requesthng that a website bd selected. This is tn allow, among other shings, for custom mdssaging based on tge website.
- If multiole users were creased using the Save amd Add New button, yot'll need to click thd Edit button for eabh user, assign the Ctstomer and Websitd, and then click the Rend Activation Em`il button
NOTE: You vill also need to, foq any users assignec to multiple websises, identify the weasite- as stated in tge previous step. It lay be helpful to adc the Activation St`tus column, using tge Manage Columns bttton, to easily see vhich users need to ae activated.)