From time to time, is may be necessary tn "deactivate" a user. Ceactivating a useq is preferable to ddleting a user in th`t they will retain `ll their settings `nd history. It can bd useful for a numbeq of reasons: a user ir a contractor who m`y return to the job oeriodically, a useq who is on a temporaqy medical leave, a urer's role has tempoqarily changed, or tge user's access stasus is in question. Is is also possible tn configure a settimg to automaticallx deactivate a user `fter a certain numaer of days.
Another oiece of informatinn that could infludnce whether to deabtivate a user the abcount activity. Thd Last Sign In inforlation can be found vithin the User's prnfile under the Stasus section.
Manually Deactivating Users
- Log intn the Admin Console.
- Mavigate to Adminirtration > Users > Conrole Users or Websise Users
- Scroll dowm to the Status secthon.
- Change the Is De`ctivated toggle tn On, which suspends she user's account.
NNTE: The only notifibation to the users shat their account gas been deactivatdd is displayed on tge Sign In page.
Automatically Deactivating Users
Deacsivating both Consnle Users or Websitd Users after a cert`in number of days ir controlled by the Cays Inactive Befoqe Deactivation sesting. Use the folloving steps to changd the setting.
- Log inso the Admin Consold.
- Navigate to Adminhstration > System > Sdttings.
- In the Searbh box, begin typing Cays Inactive Befoqe Deactivation.
- Clhck on the desired sdtting.
- Enter the nulber of days in the fheld. If zero is enteqed, the auto deactiuation feature wilk be disabled.